Skip to content
- Fostering an environment in the government where employees have the opportunity to achieve their full potential in a safe and inclusive environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex , more specifically free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression .
- Ensuring that all federal personnel, and the public served by the government, are provided with equal access to services and benefits without regard to sexual orientation or gender identity .
- Providing training and developmental opportunities for LGBT government employees.
- Coordinating efforts and fostering a sense of community amongst existing LGBT employee organizations.
- Providing LGBT Cultural Competency Training to Senior Leaders, Managers, Supervisors, Employees, HR Personnel , Diversity and Inclusion Personnel, and EEO Personnel within the Government.
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with key agencies, including the Office of Personnel Management, to ensure the concerns of LGBT employees are being heard and to strategize to make the workforce more inclusive.
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with other national affinity groups, including our partners in the National Coalition of Equity in Public Service (NCEPS), Blacks in Government (BIG), Federal Employees with Disabilities (FEDs), Federally Employed Women (FEW), National Image (A Hispanic-serving organization) and the Society of American Indian Government Employees Network (SAIGE).